You will usually find me swimming, cycling, blogging/ vlogging, or wrestling with my spare legs! Come take a look.
Hi. I’m Melanie. I am a retired GB age group triathlete, who became an amputee as a result of a medical misadventure, in 2020. I have since represented New Zealand as an elite para-athlete in the sport of outrigger canoeing. The thing is, I am not quite done with multi sport yet, once I teach this partially formed left leg what it’s new job is! Come join me on my journey!
- One thing I would change is…What is one thing you would change about yourself? Well I bet the one thing I am about to choose is not what you think. If you follow my blog … Continue reading “One thing I would change is…”
- 12 months of positivesWhat positive events have taken place in your life over the past year? 12 months ago today I met the man who completely changed my life. Until that day, I … Continue reading “12 months of positives”
- The real physical and psychological fallout of a medical misadventureIt’s not easy living with a disability that is as a result of someone’s fuck up. It’s not easy living with the knowledge that no one will ever be held … Continue reading “The real physical and psychological fallout of a medical misadventure”
- Daily prompt; my favourite clothesWhat are your two favorite things to wear? Since becoming an amputee I have completely changed the way I dress. This has been twofold. Physical need and psychological rebirth! Here’s … Continue reading “Daily prompt; my favourite clothes”
- PTSD awareness – todays factPTSD awareness: it’s a shitty thing to have to live with. It’s even more crappy to have to deal with peoples misconceptions of what PTSD actually is.
- #267 Learning to relaxI decided to try a non exercise based pastime.. something my medical team have been nagging me about ever since my amputation! I give you.. miniature model craft kits: my … Continue reading “#267 Learning to relax”