You will usually find me swimming, cycling, blogging/ vlogging, or wrestling with my spare legs! Come take a look.
Hi. I’m Melanie. I am a retired GB age group triathlete, who became an amputee as a result of a medical misadventure, in 2020. I have since represented New Zealand as an elite para-athlete in the sport of outrigger canoeing. The thing is, I am not quite done with multi sport yet, once I teach this partially formed left leg what it’s new job is! Come join me on my journey!
- Daily prompt; my favourite clothesWhat are your two favorite things to wear? Since becoming an amputee I have completely changed the way I dress. This has been twofold. Physical need and psychological rebirth! Here’s … Continue reading “Daily prompt; my favourite clothes”
- PTSD awareness – todays factPTSD awareness: it’s a shitty thing to have to live with. It’s even more crappy to have to deal with peoples misconceptions of what PTSD actually is.
- #267 Learning to relaxI decided to try a non exercise based pastime.. something my medical team have been nagging me about ever since my amputation! I give you.. miniature model craft kits: my … Continue reading “#267 Learning to relax”
- Week 3 training: that’s better!This week I had a downsized revised plan that I thought was more achievable. I am prioritising one swim, and a long bike ride each week. I still don’t have … Continue reading “Week 3 training: that’s better!”
- Training week 2: um, that didn’t quite go to plan!After finding that the actual plan last week was a bit much, I had a revised plan in mind for this weeks training. Now it was going to plan.. till … Continue reading “Training week 2: um, that didn’t quite go to plan!”
- #266 What PTSD really looks likePTSD is something everyone claims they know about but I doubt many really understand. And I mean TRULY understand.