You will usually find me swimming, cycling, blogging/ vlogging, or wrestling with my spare legs! Come take a look.
Hi. I’m Melanie. I am a retired GB age group triathlete, who became an amputee as a result of a medical misadventure, in 2020. I have since represented New Zealand as an elite para-athlete in the sport of outrigger canoeing. The thing is, I am not quite done with multi sport yet, once I teach this partially formed left leg what it’s new job is! Come join me on my journey!
- Road closures and terrifying motorists: come ride with me..Today was meant to be a simple 22km ride on a loop I ride very often. Today I faced a road closure (do I carry on or turn back? Watch … Read more
- Mental health awareness week NZ 2023Unless it’s something you have struggled with yourself, it’s almost impossible to imagine what it’s like living with mental health problems. My diagnoses are PTSD and Dysthymia. They go hand … Read more
- What it’s like Living with PTSDPTSD.. is tough to live with.It cannot be cured.It’s something I must learn to live with.Therapy helps me to keep control and stay in the present.It helps me to understand, … Read more
- #265 Limb Centre visit – sockets and anklesIt’s hard being an amputee in Nz.. the service is limited to 5 centres nationwide and I’m over 200km away from the closest. Here’s what a day visit to the … Read more
- France part 5: final summaryWe have had an absolute blast over the past month, but its time to go home. Here’s our final thoughts.
- London in a day: EurostarA video account of our day trip to London. Photos / videos to music.